Early Intervention services focuses on strengthening and building the capacity of families where the children were identified as being vulnerable or at risk of removal to alternative care, before the situation needs interventions where children needs legal intervention occur. Social workers work with families with the hope of preserving the family unit, with the best interest of the child always being the priority.
This service focus on identifying and providing effective early support to children and young people who are at risk of poor outcomes. Effective early intervention works to prevent problems occurring, or to tackle them head-on when they do, before problems get worse.
Social workers offer intervention to individuals, families and groups which enable them to meet their needs and issues. The main purpose of these interventions is to aid clients in alleviating problems and improving their well-being.
Early intervention can help children and young people to develop the skills they need to live happy, healthy and successful lives. It can improve the quality of children’s home lives and family relationships, increase educational attainment and support good mental health.
Childline Mpumalanga does not offer Early Intervention Services requiring Statutory interventions (as prescribed by relevant legislation), but refer this to our partners:
- Removal of children
- Placement of children in Temporary Safe Care
- Children’s Court Investigations
- Placements of children in alternative care
- Foster care supervision services
- Reunification services
All Social Workers employed by Childline Mpumalanga are registered with the South African council for social service professions (SACSSP).
Area of operation is:
- Head office at FGK Building Canary Walk Mall 8 Bester Street, Nelspruit
- Shongwe Hospital – Nkomazi Ehlanzeni District
- Mapulaneng Hospital – Bushbuckridge Ehlanzeni District
- Ermelo Thutuzela – Ermelo Provincial Hospital Gert Sibande District
- Evander Thutuzela – Evander Provincial Hospital Gert Sibande District
- Embuleni Hospital – Nhlazatje Gert Sibande District
- Witbank Hospital – Witbank Nkangala District